Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shared Joy


_DSC8353_DxO ps nx 72dpi, originally uploaded by Donnie Fulks.

Weddings are emotional events for both the couple and those in attendance. Of all the emotions during the course of the day, joy should be chief among them. Both were remarkably at ease and I think this image portrays their comfort with one another. May Kristine and Kyle be blessed with many years of joy together.

A quick click from my front row seat. I had given considerable thought to lens choice, debating between a fast prime and a stabilized short, wide zoom. After reading David Ziser's latest wedding book I choose the latter figuring if it is good enough for him (a premier wedding photog) then it would be good enough for me. Processed with a number of NIK filters including Glamour Glow and Dynamic Skin Softener. I also added a touch of Tonal Contrast, but I painted that out of the faces. Some very minor cloning to remove a light on her nose and few control points and I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment