Monday, September 12, 2011

Swipe Serendipity


_DSC8716_DxO nx 72dpi, originally uploaded by Donnie Fulks.

Serendipity- the "...phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for..." Merriam-Webster dictionary. Intentionally moving the camera during a longer exposure, otherwise known as a "swipe", is usually done with a landscape subject to create an abstract. This image was actually a bit of accidental combination of the two. I had begun a 13 second exposure and realized I had made a mistake on one of the camera settings. Out of frustration I released the ball head and moved the camera while the exposure finished. I moved on to the next shot and forgot about it until I processing the files. Nothing ventured, nothing gained the old saying goes. Thought this was perhaps "cool" and certainly different. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment