Saturday, May 3, 2014

Wedding Fare


We are making plans to offer a venue for weddings at our farm. As part of the marketing efforts we needed some photos. Our talented FB Manager, Lucia, prepared a show cake and a sample plate off our menu. Donna created the settings and I did the photography this past Wednesday. I choose mom's sun porch because of the windows. A little flash through a Zumbrella and there you have it. We were on a tight time schedule and looking back I would like to have tried a couple of different angles. I have little experience with this sort of thing and it was a fun, challenging project. All in all, I think we captured some useful images for the website, so mission accomplished. And the food was delicious!

  

Many of the food photos I have seen use a very narrow depth of field. I rented a 85 1.4 from LensRentals.com (highly recommended company!) to use along with my 24-105 f4. I also used my CamRanger and iPad to control the captures. It was the first time with the CamRanger- pretty cool gizmo that I'll use in the future on macro and studio type projects. Being able to control focus and seeing the results in real time is very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment