Sunday, May 18, 2014

Meanwhile, Back at the Club...


...I was asked to give a presentation on sports photography last week. I suspect they were desperate. My preparation was a fun trip down memory lane, taking me back past many fond memories. Our boys all played soccer at one time or another. Kyle played for Messiah College (that is him in the lead image). That experience tuned into a four year photo project of tremendous photographic value, which I covered in my presentation. My presentation approached the topic through the lens (pun intended) of Alister Benn's Creative Cycle- Vision, Capture Technique and Processing. Valuable concepts that apply to all forms of photography. Due to the perennial success of Messiah soccer, I had the privilege every fall of being granted Media Credentials at the NCAA Div III Championships during Kyle's college career.


This was Kyle's (in the center) classmates at the soccer banquet a week after collecting their third straight National Championship. I recall how disappointed they were with the Semifinalist trophy their freshman year. As time goes by, I become more aware at just how special an accomplishment this was. I found myself along for the ride, snapping away on the sidelines, and learning a lot about photography. Following is a sampling of images that I shared during my presentation:
















No comments:

Post a Comment