Saturday, April 13, 2013

Silk Mill File Revisit


Silk Mill Donnie Fulks AS, originally uploaded by Donnie Fulks.

This month at the photo club was Black and White critiques. I chose this image as one of my submissions. Captured on one of my visits the winter before last.

It is always fun to revisit older files and rework them, as I did here. While I was happy with the original result done in Silver Efex, my understanding of Black & White has grown to appreciate more contrast. NIK Vivaza made it easy to arive at the desired result. The original picture had severe distortion in the lines of the building from the wide lens. I used DxO ViewPoint, which I've come to really like, to "straighten out" the building.

It is good to revisit the past and make new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment