Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Palouse Swipe with Clarity


_DSC6320_DxO nx clarity72dpi, originally uploaded by Donnie Fulks.
Packing tonight for photo trip to the Palouse region of Washington and Idaho. It has been a couple of year since I last visited and I am excited to return with six other photo buddies.

This landscape image was created using the "swipe" technique. Using a longer exposure of about a quarter second, give or take, the camera is intentionally moved during the exposure. It is a trial and error process that can yield a pleasing image.

This file has been sitting on the hard drive for a couple of years because I did not like "flat" look of the original. Last week, Topaz introduced their new plug-in Clarity. I must say I'm impressed with what Clarity does to an image! Other structure, clarity or contrast adjustments I have just do not do what Clarity can do for an image.

Below is the before version:

No comments:

Post a Comment