Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunset Delivery


_DSC0099_DxO, originally uploaded by Donnie Fulks.
I find I can only capture so many landings before they start to look the same. I went over the other night at sunset and the clouds rolled in and I thought that might be it for the evening due to lack of light. When the clouds rolled in and got some nice color after sunset, I tried some silhouettes. Liked these. Choose to leave just a bit of shadow detail in the main post shot.



The nest is now basically completed. The only materials being brought in now are straw (seen here) and other fine materials to line the nest with. With the female staying on the nest almost all the time now, I surmise egg laying has started. Perhaps by middle to late June some fuzzy heads will appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment